FORD ECOBOOST CHALLENGE RETURNS IN MARCH FOR 17-CITY TEST-DRIVE TOUR; PARTICIPANTS ELIGIBLE TO WIN ALL-NEW FORD EDGE
- Ford EcoBoost® Challenge gives consumers across America a fun and free weekend opportunity to test drive the hottest and most innovative Ford products and features
- For 2015, EcoBoost Challenge expands to 17 cities, and provides participants a chance to win an EcoBoost-powered 2015 Ford Edge
- EcoBoost Challenge features the most highly anticipated Ford models, including all-new 2015 F-150 and Mustang; consumers can register at ecoboostdrive.com
Ford Motor Company is once again giving fans and potential customers in 17 cities across America a chance to get behind the wheel of its latest products, with its third EcoBoost® Challenge consumer drive tour launching next month.
EcoBoost Challenge expands to 17 cities in 2015, and will provide five unique drive experiences in Ford products. In a new incentive this year, participants will have an opportunity to win an EcoBoost-powered 2015 Ford Edge, and can earn additional entries in the sweepstakes by bringing guests with them to the event.
Kicking off March 7 at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium, EcoBoost Challenge gets consumers behind the wheel of some of Ford’s most popular vehicles, including back-to-back drives with competitor vehicles. More than 28,000 people took part in last year’s EcoBoost Challenge.
“With EcoBoost engines now available across 100 percent of our U.S. light-duty lineup, the EcoBoost Challenge lets consumers experience this innovative technology that helps Ford deliver better fuel economy with a more engaging driving experience than the competition,” said Michele Bartlett, Ford group marketing manager for large cars and SUVs. “Not only is the EcoBoost Challenge a lot of fun, but getting people in the driver’s seat is the best way for them to experience the craftsmanship, innovation and performance of the Ford lineup.”
2015 EcoBoost Challenge participants will have a chance to drive some of Ford’s most anticipated new models, including the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang and all-new 2015 Ford F-150 – the toughest, smartest, most capable F-150 ever. Also on hand will be the all-new 2015 Ford Edge, new 2015 Expedition, plus Escape, Fusion Hybrid and Transit Connect Wagon.
With its new 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine with standard Auto Start-Stop, the 2015 Ford F-150 resets the bar in light-duty pickup truck performance, capability and efficiency, with class-leading EPA-estimated ratings for gasoline-powered full-size pickups. The 2015 Ford Mustang features an all-new available 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine, and the 2015 Ford Edge comes standard with a twin-scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder or an available 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6.
At this year’s event, EcoBoost Challenge participants can take part in the ST Reaction Time Challenge, testing their reflexes in both Fiesta ST and Focus ST, and driving the all-new 2015 F-150 and Edge against the competition. A dedicated course for the all-new 2015 Mustang EcoBoost will highlight the model’s elevated performance and handling. A Street Drive will highlight Ford’s innovative park assist technologies, and hybrid fans will have an opportunity to put the Fusion Hybrid through its paces.
As an added bonus, the 2015 EcoBoost tour also includes a “ShiftPhobia” boot camp giving consumers a hands-on clinic on the basics of driving a manual – complete with on-course driving instruction from a professional driver.
By combining advanced engine technologies such as turbocharging, direct injection and variable valve timing, Ford EcoBoost engines can help customers conserve fuel without sacrificing power. In North America, EcoBoost sales make Ford the leader in turbocharged direct-injected gasoline engines in high-volume passenger vehicles such as Fusion, F-150, Edge and Escape. For 2015, 100 percent of Ford’s U.S. light-duty vehicle lineup is available with an EcoBoost engine.
2015 EcoBoost Challenge events will take place on Saturdays in March, April, May and June in the 17 cities listed below. Each venue will feature four closed-course setups, plus the street-based park assist route, including an ST Reaction Time Challenge layout, a dedicated Mustang EcoBoost course, “ShiftPhobia” manual transmission driving instruction, and an EcoBoost Challenge Drive allowing participants to drive Ford products against the competition.
Participants must register. Pre-registration is live now at ecoboostdrive.com. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Events are open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in most markets. Locations and dates are:
- Miami: Sun Life Stadium, March 7
- Los Angeles: Santa Anita Park, March 14
- Dallas: AT&T Stadium, March 21
- Washington, D.C.: FedEx Field, March 28
- Houston: NRG Park, April 18
- Louisville, Kentucky: Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, April 25
- Phoenix: WestWorld, May 2
- Concord, North Carolina: Charlotte Motor Speedway, May 2
- Seattle: Emerald Downs, May 9
- Chicago: Arlington Park, May 9
- Cincinnati: Forest Fair Village Mall, May 30
- Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh International Race Complex, May 30
- Orlando, Florida: Orange County Convention Center, June 6
- Philadelphia: Wells Fargo Center, June 6
- San Francisco: Oakland Alameda Coliseum, June 13
- Rochester, New York: Monroe Community College, June 13
- Minneapolis: Mall of America, June 20