2015 FORD EDGE EARNS TOP GOVERNMENT SAFETY AWARD
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awards the all-new 2015 Ford Edge a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in its New Car Assessment Program
- 2015 Edge offers available driver-assist technologies like adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support, 180-degree front camera with washer, inflatable rear safety belts and a standard rear camera
- A showcase of Ford innovation, the new Edge sets a benchmark for Ford utility vehicles
The 2015 Ford Edge achieved a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in its New Car Assessment Program – the highest possible rating from the U.S. government.
Loaded with more technology, the 2015 Ford Edge was reengineered from the ground up. It offers three engine options – two of which are new – for enhanced performance, as well as a host of safety and driver-assist technologies that help with the driving task.
“The new Edge delivers on the quality and handling customers have come to expect from a Ford vehicle, while infusing more innovation and advanced technology to create a vehicle that we think will maintain its leadership position in its segment,” said JD Shanahan, chief program engineer for Edge.
A leader in Ford innovation
With state-of-the-art technologies, the all-new Edge was designed to inspire confidence on the road. From available features like the new 180-degree front camera with washer and standard rear camera, to Curve Control and side parking sensors, Ford Edge offers an improved driving experience and enhanced comfort level for vehicle occupants.
Standard and available technologies for the all-new Edge include:
- Standard active glove box knee airbag: An advanced design uses the glove box front to enhance knee protection for the front passenger in certain crashes
- Available adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support: Uses radar to detect moving vehicles directly ahead and change the cruising speed if necessary. Collision warning triggers visual and audio alerts if the system detects the following distance is diminishing too quickly and a collision may occur. The system can also pre-charge the brakes if the driver needs to stop suddenly
- Available inflatable rear safety belts: Advanced restraint system combines attributes of safety belt and airbag technologies to reduce head, neck and chest injuries in frontal crashes by distributing crash force energy across five times more of an occupant’s torso than a traditional safety belt
Now available at Ford dealers across the country, the 2015 Ford Edge offers a stylish and innovative solution for customers looking to keep their families safer on the road.